You can run, but you can't hide! The flu can strike at any time, and when it does...LOOK OUT!
I did not think it was very likely for one to get the flu after having a flu shot, but obviously I was mistaken. Well, it hit me hard on Tuesday when I was teaching night class, and slowly but surely it began to attack almost everyone else in our family...first Cooper, then Steve, then Papa John. The only people who did not get the flu were Sophie and Grandma C...we are keeping our fingers crossed that neither one of them gets it! It has been a week full of ALL of those gross things associated with the flu (you know what I mean), as well as eating clear foods, drinking tons of Gatorade, doing load after load of laundry, and completely sterilizing our entire house. I am very anal when it comes to cleanliness and germs, so this whole flu thing is making me crazy!!! Anyway, after several days of trying to rest and recover, all of us are almost back to normal. Let's just hope that this sucker doesn't come back for a second visit!
Throughout this week, I did realize that there is one (and only one) thing that can be considered REMOTELY positive about getting the flu. It is that the flu forces us to "slow down" and take time to relax, which most of us don't do in our busy lives. For instance, after we were past the nasty part of the flu, it was nice to just lay around as a family and watch movies together, while letting the all of the other "stuff" in our lives just wait until we were feeling better.
We are hoping that you and your family are able to steer clear of the flu this season! Take care!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As one who was a recipient and co-sufferer of the aforementioned "bug", I concur completely. It knocked the crap out of me, literally and figuratively! What, no pictures to accompany this story? :)
Love, Papa John
I like Papa's comments...very well stated with a touch of dry humor. That's a teacher for you. Keep them coming.
-Michelle
Post a Comment