Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Cookies- Day 3 (and 4)

I am up to my ears in Christmas cookies over here! I spent the last two days baking and glazing 8 dozen of my favorite Christmas cookies...Mrs. Field's Chocolate-Glazed Shortbread Cookies. I make them every year and each year I feel like they turn out a little bit better. This year I used miniature cookie cutters, which require less baking time, so I was sure that I'd burn a batch or two. Fortunately, they all turned out soft and delicious and I didn't have to throw any away! Sophie had a blast helping me roll out the dough and use the cookie cutters. She also helped me by being my expert taste-tester...if Sophie likes it, I know it's good because she is very picky about tastes and textures.





Well, I think that concludes this year's Christmas cookie bake-a-thon! I have plenty of cookies to give out to our family and friends. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I don't do much baking during the year, but I really look forward to baking Christmas cookies around the holidays. I love getting Sophie involved in the kitchen as well and beginning these small, yet memorable traditions with her.

No comments: