As I write this blog post, I am feeling relaxed, revitalized, and rejuvenated. My body isn't tense, my skin is smooth, my face is glowing, my feet are soft, and my toes are polished to perfection. How did all of this happen you ask? It is because of my wonderful, thoughtful husband---the best "gift-giver" in the world!
Back in 2006, Steve surprised my mom and I with a generous spa package for Mother's Day. Since we have all been very busy the past two years (moving, job changes, another baby, etc.), we haven't found time to redeem our gift. Finally, on Sunday, my mom and I headed to Chicago for our much anticipated day of pampering.
While Steve (and Papa John) stayed home to take care of the kids all day, my mom and I enjoyed close to 6 hours of pure bliss! We began our day with a pair of Venti Mochas from Starbuck's for the ride downtown. When we arrived at the spa, we slipped into some comfy robes and relaxed in the waiting room while sipping chamomile tea and looking through magazines. Then we began our spa services which included a full-body Swedish massage, an all-over exfoliating scrub, a light lunch, an hour-long facial, and a spa pedicure. It was HEAVENLY!
I feel so fortunate to have had this experience, especially because I got to share it with my mom. It was a special, memorable day that both of us will never forget! Thanks, Honey!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment