
Sophie had a great time tearing into all of her presents; however she made sure that EVERY piece of wrapping paper went straight into the garbage bag! Cooper even helped his sister open some of her presents. Actually, he just wanted to destroy and possibly eat the paper.


Sophie got lots of fun, new toys to play with and I'm not quite sure where we're going to put all of them. Our house is beginning to look more and more like Toys R' Us!


Her big gift from Mommy and Daddy was a new Dora tricycle! Although she can't use it outside yet, she is having plenty of fun riding it around the house.

We even made sure that Sophie was equipped with the proper safety gear to go along with her new trike!

This year, I decided to start a new tradition, which is to make and decorate Sophie's birthday cake. Many, many hours later, and with some guidance from my mom, I finally finished the Dora cake! Although it took a ton of time and effort, it was well worth it to see the excited look on Sophie's face (and the buttercream icing was also delicious)!

Can you tell Sophie was anxious to eat her cake? Here is a picture of our girl "digging in" before we were done singing "Happy Birthday" and before she blew out her candle!

I'd say Sophie thoroughly enjoyed her 2nd birthday!

After her big day was over and I put Sophie to bed, I couldn't stop thinking about how quickly the past two years have gone by. It seems like only yesterday that we brought Sophie home from the hospital and now our little girl is two years old!

It has been so much fun seeing her grow and develop over the past two years. She is truly one amazing child! Although she has her fussy moments and often has a mind of her own, she is one of the most kind, gentle, and friendly little girls. She is very social and loves to be around people. Sophie enjoys helping out and is extremely nurturing, especially towards her little brother. Not only is Sophie very caring, but she also has a great sense of humor and makes us laugh each and every day with the silly things she says and does. Sophie is our little miracle and she brings such joy and happiness to our lives. We look forward to the year ahead, although it is usually referred to as the "terrible twos", as it will be filled with many more wonderful memories.
Happy Birthday, Peanut! We love you very much!

1 comment:
Love the shoes, Sophie...and the glasses even more. You rung your second birthday in in style! Be easy on your mom and dad this year. Two can be a rough one.
Great job on the cake, T! I'm very impressed. I'll take one on August 6th, please. Mabye something Jimmy Buffett inspired?
Post a Comment