Tuesday, November 24, 2009

10 random facts about Cooper...

Weeks ago, I posted "10 random facts about Sophie" and now it's Cooper's turn. This post is long overdue, but here it is.....10 random facts about Cooper!

1. Cooper is talking like crazy lately! He was an early talker, but his vocabulary has really skyrocketed over the past few months. It is funny to hear him say more challenging words because the pronunciation is just a little off. For example, bumblebee is pronounced bunglebee, and triceratops is pronounced stripe-tera-tops. Cooper also uses many funny phrases like "Hey there big fella!" (when he sees a big dog) and "You've got to be kidding me!" (after something we have said). Cooper also uses his manners with phrases like "Scooze meez" and "Dank you". He makes us laugh constantly!


2. Cooper can recognize several letters of the alphabet, say his ABC's, can count to about 12, and recognizes most shapes and colors. We were reading a shape book the other day and he pointed out a rectangle?!? Must have learned it from Sophie, because we surely didn't teach him that. Cooper loves when we read him books and he also loves to try and read to himself, to Sophie, and to us. The other day, he was reading to Sophie and she insisted that he wear "glasses" so he could see better! He agreed and proudly wore her pink sunglasses.


3. Cooper is obsessed with dinosaurs and pirates! His favorite dinosaurs are his plastic T-Rex and his walking dinosaur that roars! He has dinosaur and pirate pjs, dinosaur shirts, a pair of pirate rain boots, and a pirate costume. When he dresses up like a pirate, he walks around saying "Ahoy there me hearties!" while he swings his arm across his chest. It is hilarious!


4. Cooper is not potty-trained yet, infact he is not even close. Usually when I ask him if he wants to use the potty, he says no! I think he will be more difficult to potty train than Sophie! I don't think I will start this process for at least a few more months.

5. Cooper loves to sing and dance! He likes to sing and dance to Barney songs, but he is also a big fan of the Black Eyed Peas! When we turn on the B.E.P.'s songs "Boom Boom Pow" or "Good Good Night" he goes nuts! Sometimes he likes to dance with Sophie, but most of the time he likes to dance solo. I guess you could say he likes to freestyle!

6. Cooper loves to eat! He shovels food into his mouth fistfuls at a time. Cooper doesn't really eat vegetables, so I have to hide them wherever I can. He eats a few types of fruit like raisins, bananas, and apples/applesauce. His favorite food groups by far are meats and dairy. Some of his favorite foods include chicken nuggets, yogurt, cottage cheese, pizza, grilled cheese, and quesadillas.

7. Cooper is a very silly boy! He gives himself the hiccups at least once a day from laughing so much. He loves to do "cheese face" in which he makes a cheesy smile...see below.



He also loves to make other funny faces, too. He is quite the entertainer! Here are some of the many faces of Cooper....

Surprised



Silly



Happy



Serious



Mischevious


8. Cooper is a snugggle bug! He loves to cuddle (on his own terms)and will often voluntarily give hugs and kisses. I still rock with him for a bit before I put him to sleep...I cherish this special cuddle time we have together as I am sure it won't last much longer.

9. Cooper is in his "terrible twos" stage, which means he is very incapable of reasoning. He throws many tantrums, which often involve a lot of screaming and flailing! These wild tantrums usually occur when we are out in public like in a store or at the library, so I get to feel the stares and glares of people around me....awesome. He loves the word "no" and the phrase "you're bad, mommy!" when he doesn't get his way...double awesome. He is not very responsive to time-outs, but we are working on it. Along with being two comes a desire to be independent. Cooper insists on doing everything himself, so his pants are usually on backwards and his shoes are often on the wrong feet.

10. Cooper is a super-active little boy. He loves to play, run, jump, hop, throw, kick, tackle, swing, slide, and roll around. I think he is destined to be an athlete of some sort. He has great large motor skills, good coordiation, and tons of energy. He is pretty aggressive and loves to play rough. Cooper appears to be dominant with his left hand...Steve is happy about this in terms of Cooper's future as a pitcher in MLB!

Cooper certainly gives us a run for our money, but he is the sweetest, cutest, funniest little boy I have ever known and he puts a smile on our faces every day! We love you, Coop!

No comments: