Monday, April 26, 2010

Wedding Weekend

This weekend we attended the wedding of Steve's niece, Kelsey, and Jesiah. We made the 4 hour drive down on Saturday morning, got to the hotel around 1:00, unpacked, got ready, and made it to the wedding with not much time to spare. Although it was a rainy, dreary day, the wedding ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast! The kids had such a fun time (as always) hanging out with their aunts, uncles, cousins, and their Papa. They just soak up all of the love and attention that they receive from everyone. Sophie and Cooper partied and danced the night away until almost 10:00! I took so many pictures at the wedding that I couldn't include them all in this post, but here are a few of my favorites...











Needless to say, we were all zonked by the time we got back to the hotel. However, we had to have some cuddle and story time before we shut the lights off and went to sleep. I had to take a few pictures of the kids in bed together...they looked so cute!



We all ended up sleeping until 8:00! After a delicious buffet breakfast, we decided to take advantage of the indoor pool. The kids were a bit unsure at first, but after awhile, they were jumping off the side and swimming by themselves...with arm floaties, of course. Sophie was even voluntarily going under water! This was a huge milestone for her since she is usually not a fan of putting her face in the water.


After we finished our swim and got things packed up, we made our way back home, but not without a traditional Bahn family lunch at Steak and Shake...yum-o! Fortunately, for us, the ride home went as smoothly as the ride there. The kids were so good in the car and on the way home they even took a 2 hour nap! So, all in all, it was a great trip and we had a wonderful visit. We all had so much fun hanging out with Steve's family. We are looking forward to another visit (hopefully a longer one) this summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T- I can not believe that you and I have the same pink shirt from the limited!! OMG, when I saw your top. That is so funny :) Hope you enjoyed Stu-an-ton