This morning I ran my second race ever...a 5K called Running with Faith, which was put together by our church. It was pretty hot and humid for an early morning race and the route was vert hilly, but I got through it...barely. There were times when I thought I was seriously going to pass out! My goal was to run a 10-minute mile and somehow did it. My total time for the 3.1 mile race was 29 min. and 50 seconds, which puts me at little under a 10-minute mile. I was nowhere near the front of the pack, but not at the end of it either...I am just happy to have successfully completed another race.

Afterwards, all runners got a free slice of pizza and beer (I passed on the beer). There was also stuff for the kids including free slushies, hotdogs and chips, a jumpy, a firetruck, and a park to play at!
I enjoyed this race very much, but am really looking forward to more races in the fall when the weather isn't so darn hot!
No comments:
Post a Comment