Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Beautiful weather, cooperative children, adorable costumes (thanks to Grandma C for making them)...we couldn't have asked for a better Halloween! I think this was our best Halloween to date! Here is a recap of our Halloween weekend...

On Friday, the kids got to dress up in their costumes for their Halloween parties at school. The principal at the kids' school noted that Cooper was shouting "yee-haw" all morning long!


Friday evening, we decided to carve pumpkins and watch Halloween movies...Scared Shrekless and Charlie Brown were our movie pics this year!




On Saturday, our neighbors hosted a 2nd annual pre-Halloween bash! The kids had fun dressing up in their costumes (I love it when we get to wear them more than once) playing games, dancing to the Monster Mash, doing crafts, and eating Halloween-themed food and treats.







On Sunday, the kids headed out the door right at 3:00 to begin trick-or-treating. They zipped throught the neighborhood and were finished by 4:30. They were excited to be able to pass out candy to the rest of the trick-or-treaters. I am glad we went out early when it was warm outside because it really started to cool off later in the evening.









As I blew out the candle in our jack-o-lantern on Halloween night, I was sad that another holiday had come and gone. I get so sentimental about holidays (especially now with the kids) and I always feel that they go by too quickly. It is sad to think that we have to wait another 364 days until the holiday comes around again. Oh well... I will just have to think ahead to all of the fun and excitement of Thanksgiving and Christmas, which are right around the corner!


We hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

The costumes turned out awesome! I'm glad you had a great day. It was such perfect, nostalgic Halloween weather.