Sophie and Cooper have been taking swim lessons at the local high school for the past five weeks. They attend once a week for 45 minute sessions. This past Saturday was their last class until the next 5-week session, which isn't until January. On the first day, I was a bit nervous that they were not going to like swimming at all, but they were not the least bit afraid of the water and they both got right in the pool. During the past few weeks, they have practiced many skills such as sit diving, kicking, submerging their faces, and blowing bubbles. I have seen huge improvments in their skills and they seem to show more bravery in the pool each week. I don't expect them to become professional swimmers or even show interest in joining the swim team, but I do think it is important for them to learn the basic skills of swimming so that they can be confident swimmers and feel safe in the water. It is good exercise for them, too, and we can usually count on an afternoon nap on swim days!!! Here are a few pictures of our little fish...



I look forward to seeing how much more they progress in the next session...we will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment