Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our Christmas card debacle...

So, some of my readers may be wondering why they haven't received our Christmas card yet. Well, I had very good intentions of getting it out early this year, but that obviously didn't happen. The reason for the ridiculous delay is not becuase of my procrastination, rather the crappy photo print website we sent it to! Long story short...I took the kids' pictures in October, had Sara(designs personal photo cards at her etsy shop) create our card template in mid-November, and ordered the cards from artscow.com on 11/29. The company claims the cards shipped on 12/1 and said it would take 8-14 days for delivery. Unfortunately, as of today's mail delivery, we still have not received our cards, therefore, neither have you! So, I made a decision today to just have new cards made. This afternoon, I made a mad dash to Ritz and had them print all of our cards. They had them done in 1 hour! As soon as I got home from Ritz, Steve and I stuffed them into envelopes, put the stamps on, and brought them to the post office. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you all get your cards before (or at least on) Christmas! Anyway, here is a sneak peek of the card...


Lesson learned: Do not purchase prints of photo cards from an international website that claims to deliver in 8-14 days no matter how inexpensive they are!!!

No comments: