Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Picking

One of the things I love most about fall is spending time outdoors doing fun, "harvesty" (is that even a word???) activities with my family. One place I've always wanted to go was to an apple orchard. Although I do not care much for apples, I thought it would be a lot fun for the kids to experience picking their own apples off of the trees. So this weekend, we took our first trip to a local orchard to do some apple picking. My hubby and kids both love all varieties of apples, so we decided to head out to the fields and pick some of the freshest apples we could find!






The kids had a blast picking the apples off of the tree, then putting them into their baskets. They couldn't wait to sink their teeth into the sweet, juicy apples so we let them munch on some along the way.




After apple picking, the kids were able to check out the chickens and rabbits as well as pose for some silly pictures.



Although the weather was a bit cold and rainy, we had so much fun together at the apple orchard. Hopefully, this will become something we can do as a family each fall. Now, I just need to decide what I am going to make with all of these apples!?!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

They certainly make a nice centerpiece...apple crisp is one of my favorites.

I LOVE the picture of Coop digging into that apple...too cute.