One of my favorite things to do during the Halloween season is to carve a pumpkin. It brings back so many wonderful memories and it makes me feel like a kid again. Plus, I enjoy seeing the jack-o-lantern lit up on the front porch and I love to eat toasted pumpkin seeds. We decided to carve our pumpkin this weekend...well, I should say I cleaned it out and Steve carved it. What was intended to be a family activity ended up to be more for the adults' enjoyment. I figured Cooper would be too young for this, but I thought Sophie would like to help scoop out the insides of the pumpkin and separate the pumpkin seeds from the goop. Unfortunately, Sophie did not show the same enthusiasm for cleaning out the pumpkin as she did for making cookies (see last post). She refused to stick her hand inside of the pumpkin and would not get anywhere near the goop or the seeds...in fact, she acted completely disgusted by the whole process. Anyway, Steve and I finished our jack-o-lantern and (with the help of a fancy carving kit) it turned out great!

Now, if we could just come up with an appropriate name for our jack-o-lantern?!?
1 comment:
I like O'Shit. He looks scared out of his mind (kind of like us parents do lots of times). Well done...
Post a Comment