Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Frolic

During the past few days, we have been experiencing somewhat of an Indian Summer. After a period of really cold days, the past week has been exceptionally warm. Knowing that this warm weather is not going to last much longer, I wanted to take advantage of our time outdoors. As I was driving down one of our main roads in town the other day, I noticed how beautiful this particular wooded area looked...the trees and ground were covered with bold colored leaves, the slight breeze was gently blowing the leaves off of the branches, and the sun was shining brightly through the trees. This breathtaking scene gave me two ideas: (1) the kids would have fun playing in the leaves; since we are in a brand new neighborhood, we don't have any mature trees and there are very few leaves and (2) it would be a perfect photo opportunity! So, I called my friend who does photography as a side job and she met us there the next day. Well, I knew the kids would have fun, but I had no idea that they would love the leaves as much as they did. They had such a great time exploring nature, running around, and frolicking in the leaves (you can tell by the smiles on their faces). And the photos...they are absolutely gorgeous! My talented friend took almost 200 pictures...below are some of my favorites!














Gorgeous scenery, beautiful pictures, happy kids,....a wonderful fall day!

2 comments:

Michelle and Jack said...

Gorgeous is right! The "holding hands" picture is my favorite.

The Newton Family said...

SOOOOO cute!