Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A VERY Happy Birthday!


I know it is kind of cheesy for me to blog about my own birthday, but today was seriously one of the best birthdays I've ever had! I got to relax a bit and also spend time hanging out with my family. It all began when I was given the opportunity to sleep in this morning while Steve took care of the kids. Then, I was greeted by my kids and husband and served a delicious breakfast in bed. I hung out in bed for awhile enjoying my waffles and sausage and watching tv. Next, was a long, hot shower with no interruptions! After getting myself ready, we got the kids dressed and ready to go and headed to the mall so the kids could get their picture taken with Santa. We hung out at the mall for a bit, then headed home for the kids' naps. While the kids were sleeping, I grabbed a Starbucks and headed to the nail salon for a pedicure. After an hour of pampering, it was time to go home and order food for dinner. My mom, dad, and grandma came over and brought with them some food from a local Italian restaurant. After dinner, we enjoyed cake and coffee while I opened my cards and gifts. It was so cute to hear Sophie and Cooper sing "Happy Birthday" to me and to have Sophie help me blow out the candles. Finally, we put the kids to bed and my mom and I finished our preparations for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner.


I honestly couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Thanks to all of you who wished me a Happy Birthday by phone, email, or card. Your kind words and thoughtfulness mean so much to me. I am so lucky and thankful to have such wonderful family and friends who made my day so special!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

Sounds perfect to me...we need a day like that once a month! Have a happy year ahead!