Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The wait is finally over...

We have anxiously been awaiting the release of the Wizard of Oz DVD ever since the movie was accidentally deleted from our DVR machine and...IT IS FINALLY HERE! Just yesterday, we picked up a copy of the 70th Anniversary Edition DVD of the Wizard of Oz, which was released on Sept. 29th. It is an all-new, remastered edition...the sound is crystal clear and the colors are so rich and vibrant! I highly recommend it!


Since it was a such a special event in our house, we decided to have a family movie night (I think we should/will do these more often). After dinner, we all got into our pj's, popped some popcorn, cuddled up on the couch with our blankets, and watched the Wizard of Oz! The kids love the movie so much that they actually sat still for the entire 102 minutes! Their eyes were absolutely glued to the tv screen, even as they were grabbing fistfulls of popcorn from their buckets.



It was such a fun, memorable night...one that I will cherish forever. It is so awesome to watch this movie through the eyes of our children. It kind of makes me feel like a kid all over again! Steve and I both grew up watching this movie over-and-over, and we are so blessed to now be able to watch it with our own kids. We are so excited that we finally own a copy of this DVD...there is no doubt that this extraordinary, classic movie will remain one of our family's favorites!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

Lily is in the background saying, "I want it, too!!!"