Monday, October 5, 2009

Kid Art

As I visit and check out other people's blogs, I noticed that some moms post pictures of their kids' artwork. I think this is such a great idea! Thus, the inspiration for this blog post, which contains pictures of Sophie and Cooper's artwork. Another inspiration for this post is to note the huge improvement of Sophie's coloring skills over the last couple of months (this is one of my "proud mom" moments). What was recently chicken scratches and random lines on paper, has developed into organized, detailed, colorful pictures. I am amazed at how Sophie is able to focus and use her fine motor skills to color an entire picture. She is also really into painting these days, with both regular paints and watercolors. Now, I am by no means saying Sophie is going to be the next Picasso, but I am so proud of the progress she is making and I am happy that she has such an interest in art. Here are a few pictures of my little artists in action as well as some samples of their artwork from the past two weeks...




Sophie's painting & coloring sheets




Cooper's painting & coloring sheet




Stay tuned for more editions of kid art coming soon...

1 comment:

Dziadzia said...

I stopped by the blog today and enjoyed viewing the art gallery! Looks like Sophie is really getting the idea of coloring and Cooper is somewhat impressionist or avant garde. See you later!