Tuesday, October 13, 2009

39::93

This weekend we celebrated two birthdays...one was a 39th birthday, the other was a 93rd!

Yes, Steve is now officially one year away from the big 4-0. We had a low-key celebration at home on his actual birthday. We had a home-cooked meal and Sophie and I baked brownies rather than a birthday cake.



Sophie almost burned the tip of her nose on the flame when she was helping Steve blow out his candle...thus the sad, teary face in the following picture.


On Sunday, Steve and I had the opportunity to celebrate his birthday without the kids. We actually got away for a date day/night while my mom babysat. We went shopping (browsing), had a delicious dinner at Maggiano's, and saw a movie at the show. It was so nice to go out on a date...we decided we need to do this more often!

Before we set off for our date on Sunday, Steve and I visited Papa Del at the nursing home to help him celebrate his 93rd birthday! Since Papa Del has a feeding tube, he isn't able to eat solid food or dessert, but he did enjoy some red wine popsicles (courtesy of my dad) and some ice cream cake.


Although he has some phyical limitations after his stroke, I would say that he is doing pretty well for someone in their 90's. He is still able to entertain us with his wonderful sense of humor and positive spirit!

Happy Birthday, Steve and Papa Del! We love you very much!

No comments: