Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Every year around Christmas, I spend several days baking different types of cookies. This is truly the only time during the year that I bake. I figured today would be the perfect day to bake since we were stuck inside the house again due to the frigid weather. The past two years I have baked with just Sophie, but this year I decided to invite Cooper to participate. Both kids actually did a great job of sharing the rolling pins, cookie cutters, and sprinkles. I was pleasantly surprised!





Sophie impressed me by her ability to roll out the dough and use the cookie cutters on her own. She really did a great job!



Cooper was pretty patient and cooperative during this process, too, but I had to keep telling him to stop eating the dough!



Here are some of our finished products...yum!


The kids each got to eat one cookie before their naps.



Since today's cookie making experience went so smoothly and we had so much fun, I am inspired to include both kids in helping me make more!

1 comment:

Michelle and Jack said...

I'm jealous...Cookies AND a clean house! Well done!