Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sick x4

For the past two weeks, one or more of us in the household have been sick! It all started when we got a letter sent home from Sophie's preschool two Fridays ago saying that strep was going around. Well, a few days later both Cooper and I had strep throat. Sophie was fine at that point, so we assume she only carried the germ home. Anyhow, Cooper and I were on the upswing after we got an antibiotic. A few days later, Cooper ended up developing a fever and I ended up with a horrible case of the stomach flu. After Cooper and I were better, Steve also got the stomach flu and ended up in bed for most of his spring break. Finally, when we thought we were on the mend, Sophie developed a fever and sore throat. She was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday! AAAGGGGGHHHH! We can't get rid of this!

It has not been pretty around our house to say the least. There has been more vomiting going on than I ever care to deal with again. We have disinfected and aired out our house multiple times, went through several cans of Lysol and Lysol wipes, done a bazillion of loads of laundry, drank boatloads of Gatorade, and spent way too much money on medication at Walgreens. Today, my mom and I are going to spend the day disinfecting our house once again from top to bottom in hopes that we can drive these nasty germs out of here for good! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: