Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh my!

No, this does not refer to the Wizard of Oz, rather our trip to Brookfield Zoo. This was one of my favorite places to go as a kid and I love the fact that I am now able to share this experience with my own children.

Our trip started out with a dolphin show. It was great to see Sophie's face light up when the dolphins performed their tricks. After the show, we headed over to the monkey house...a little creepy! Next, we visited some of the outside exhibits where we saw a variety of animals including camels, polar bears, a lion, a tiger, a cheetah, and a grizzly bear. We also visited the pachyderm house where we were able to see some elephants, rhinos, and hippos...it was quite stinky in there! All in all it was a wonderful way to spend a mild, fall afternoon with the kids. Below are a few photos from our trip!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What outstanding work from an outstanding mom! Thanks for keeping up with this and for the gazillion other things that you do on a daily basis to make our lives so great. You are the best! And I mean it.

Hunny

Michelle and Jack said...

Look how popular I've made your blog! Now MY people are reading yours and commenting, too. Keep up the good work.
- Michelle