
Cooper has entered into a new phase of infancy... eating solids! After months of plain old formula and oatmeal cereal, Cooper let it be known (through a few bouts of fussiness and screaming) that his belly wasn't full enough and that he was ready for some REAL FOOD! For his first helping of solids, I chose sweet peas. The pediatrician recommended starting out with greens since these are typically the least favorable. So, I got the food and camera ready (I wanted to capture the look of disgust that came over his face on the first bite). To my surprise, Cooper did not make a sour face nor did he spit the food back out or gag like I remember Sophie doing. Instead, he wolfed down the entire container of peas! I'm sure he would've eaten more if I allowed him to as his mouth was still opening like a baby bird at the end of the feeding. Boy can this kid eat! Well, Cooper's first experience with solids was very successful and since then our little man has been much more content! I wonder what veggie we will try to conquer next?

1 comment:
I can't blame him...peas are one of my favorite vegetables, too...in solid form, of course.
Post a Comment