Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Pair of Nerds

When I was thinking of what Steve and I could be for the adults' neighborhood Halloween party, I knew that I had two options. The first was to go to the store and buy a costume, which would have been fairly expensive. The second was to look around the house for items that I could put together to "make" a costume (a much more budget-friendly option, but takes a bit more thought). Anyway, I chose option #2 and to my surprise, it actually did not require much effort. A short walk through our closet led me to my creative and inexpensive idea...we could go as a pair of nerds!



Fortunately, Steve's wardrobe lends itself well to this costume...he has PLENTY of plaid shirts, khaki pants, tube socks, and belts! So, we paired his clothing with some slicked-down hair and a few accessories (pocket protectors, nametags, glasses with tape, etc.) and off we went.



Can you believe we actually ventured out in public looking this bad??? We promise that Sophie and Cooper's costumes will be much cuter than ours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that hair gel holding your hair down like that?? I think your blog is totally awesome and I look forward to the next entry!

Love ya guys!
K and J

Michelle and Jack said...

You NERDS! Just kidding...I'm proud of you for dressing up. Hope you had fun.
-Michelle

Shannon said...

What an impressive pair of nerds! Not only did you venture out in public...but you had enough nerve to post the pics on your blog. Now that's courage, thanks for making me laugh out loud. -Shannon

Anonymous said...

OMG! Priceless! But does Tom know you borrowed his glasses?!