As of Saturday, there are three baby robins in the nest. We were hoping the last egg would hatch and it did! I have been mesmerized by these chicks and check on them many times throughout the day despite the ugly stares and squawks from the mother robin. I am so delighted that the robins decided to nest in our backyard and I will be terribly sad when the family moves on. In the meantime, I am enjoying the experience of watching the babies grow and develop and watching the adults feed and protect their young. I never really took notice of birds in the past, but this process has definitely caused me to pay more attention and appreciate the bird species especially robins.
Here some pictures of the three babies...
Just hanging out in the nest

Waiting anxiously to be fed

This picture is from today (Tuesday) and you can see how much they've grown in only a few short days. It looks like they are quickly outgrowing their nest.

***Post and pictures from Cooper's birthday parties are coming soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment