Under the Big Top was the theme of Sophie's first dance recital we attended last night! The show, which is presented by the park district, was made up of 20 acts. The girls who participated ranged in age from 4 to high school-age. Sophie, and the other "Shy Lions" were the youngest group of the bunch and they were so cute! Sophie did a great job up on stage and didn't freeze with nervousness like I thought she might. I was also worried about her being up on stage because she is still sick, but she ended up doing really well. Sophie had her entire fan club there, too. Steve and I both attended as well as Cooper, my parents and both my grandmas. We are all so proud of her! Although Sophie enjoys dance (sometimes), I think her favorite part was getting to dress up and wear make-up for the first time! I have to admit, she did look beautiful all dressed up in her costume. It was pretty dark in the auditorium, so the pictures aren't great, but here is a look at our little shy lion!
A few pictures from before the performance...



Sophie and her buddy Kaela

Sophie is all the way on the right...sorry about the guy's bald head in the picture!

The Grand Finale...Sophie is third from the left.

We ordered a DVD of the performance, so I will try to post a clip of that when we receive it.
No comments:
Post a Comment