First, we have a robin's nest in between the beams of our swingset. The nest has been there about a week or so, but has been empty until today. When I looked in the nest this morning, I found three perfect blue eggs. I tried to take a picture of the mommy bird sitting in the nest, but every time I attemped to get close she flew away. So, here is a pitcure of the nest with eggs. The kids are very intrigued by this...I just hope Cooper doesn't disturb the nest or the eggs!


Second, Steve spent the weekend building me two raised garden beds so that I can start growing vegetables and herbs. I have been wanting to have a vegetable garden for years and now I finally have it! Yay!

We had the soil/compost mix delivered on Sunday, so my goal is to have the vegetables and herbs planted by this weekend. I am hopeful that this garden will flourish and yield a lot of veggies. I also hope that all insects, rodents and other bothersome creatures will stay away!

2 comments:
What was that bird thinking??? We actually got to watch a robin build it's nest out of our window...absolutely fascinating! Waiting for eggs now...
LOVE the garden beds...you will so enjoy them!
Tanya
I am your dad's first cousin on his father's side. one of his uncle Alex's daughters, Denise. Julie, my sister sent me your link months ago and now I follow the antics of your family happily every week. Even tho I have never met you, thanks for the glimpse into your life. Just wanted to say regarding the raised plant beds, if you can find a Clovers Garden center in your area, buy the plants there, cause they have the best healthiest plants around. I know cause I worked for the owner Jim Sr. for years. They have a web site cloversgardencenter you can check out. Thanks once again for having your blog
Denise Jaworski Smith
Post a Comment